Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Warming Visit

Getting ready to out on the town



Last summer I went to visit my daughter in Florida.  She is finishing up college and my deepest wish is for her to return to Oklahoma.  She placates me by saying "Maybe, Mom."  I don't really see it happening but that just means a lot more trips to Florida to visit her.  We spent precious time together and took some great pics. 

As you can see, she looks nothing like me.  Well meaning people always say, "Your daughter is so beautiful.  She looks nothing like you!  I'm sure they don't mean it the way is sounds.  Right?
Huguenot Beach


Beautiful white sands of Huguenot Beach




My most favorite place was one I had never heard of called Huguenot Beach.  There weren't very many people there and it had a small private "feel" to it. 



            

There was a jetty sticking out and a naval shipyard just beyond that.  It was amazing to see those beautiful ships over there.  We could only imagine the places that they'd been and what combat they had seen.


Naval shipyard
 
Sun Lover










This woman just laid there for a couple of hours.  We kept a watch on her to make sure that she was okay.  Every once in a while she would sit up and splash water on herself and lay back down.  Now that's a real sun lover!





Seagulls looking for food

Sand dunes

                                                                                                        The seagulls kept a close watch over us
                                                                                                        but they didn't bother us.


Abbie and I both love the old charm of St. Augustine.  We went and walked around taking pictures, visited a winery (of course) and had a delicious dinner in the oldest building there.  We ate upstairs and it almost felt like we were sitting on a slant.  The food was wonderful though so we thoroughly enjoyed it.


Tri-pronged palm tree

View from roof of winery


Wine tasing

Draw bridge


Fort in St Augustine


Cypress tree with Spanish moss
 
Fort

Old building in St Augustine


Window in bar

 
Fisherman in St Augustine



   
    This charming old man of the sea
    completely captured my attention.
    I embarressed Abbie by asking if
    I could take his picture.  But don't
    you think he is just beautiful?

 
We spent other precious time together during my visit.  It was good for my soul and gave me just the refreshing I needed to come back home to my Tulsa life (which I dearly love).

Abbie and her boyfriend



Sweating on the beach

Ready to hit the town.

Just cuddling


She loves me!

 

No comments: